Sunday, February 19, 2006

Happy 60th Birthday, Dad!

We were originally planning on having a big party for my dad to celebrate his 60th birthday, but he said that he didn't want one, so we (well, he) decided to eat at Little Asia in Greenhills. I first ate at the Tomas Morato branch with Hamil after it was recommended by our friends, Joseph and Sheila. I then treated my family to dinner there on my dad's birthday--was it three years ago?--after I got my first paycheck. The food is reasonably priced; proof of this is that I spent only about half of my salary for a pay period for a feast for five (and if you know where I used to work, you'd understand. Haha). My dad, normally a bit picky when it comes to restos, actually liked the place, and it has become one of the restos that my family frequents. I even had dinner there with my mom, Hamil, and his mom (Tita Perla), 'coz my mom wanted to meet Tita Perla before she left for the US.

As the name suggests, the restaurant offers dishes from different parts of Asia: China, Japan, Korea, the Philippines. My absolute favorite dish is the Beef Tenderloin Tips--thin strips of beef wrapped around melted cheese. Mmmm. (I think by now you've probably noticed that I love meat and I love cheese--so any time these two things come together, it's bound to make me happy!) I always order it when I'm there (my mom knows this; when I got to the restaurant, they had already ordered, and the tenderloin tips were right in the middle of the table). I would also recommend this Japanese fried rice, although the Yang Chow is always a safe choice. In fact, anything you order in this restaurant would probably be a safe choice! Other stuff we ordered on my dad's birthday: the salt and pepper squid, the fried chicken (for my nephew, Anton, who made a surprise appearance that night), this other chicken dish (I think it was the orange chicken)... I didn't quite get the names of all the other stuff we ordered, but really, you can't go wrong.

I think it's a versatile place because it's the kind of resto you go to when you want to celebrate with family, but it's also a good place for those who are just looking for great food at a good price. If you're tired of fast food and are willing to shell out a few pesos more, then check it out.

Food: 4 out of 5
Ambience: 4 out of 5
Service: 4 out of 5
Price: 4 out of 5 (You can survive with P150-200/person as the food is for sharing.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home