Tuesday, September 25, 2007

High and Low, but Equally Satisfying

Yes, I've been remiss in my food-blogging duties. So let me just make this a two-for-one entry to make up for lost time.

I finally got to eat at SOMS, that Thai carinderia I've been hearing about for ages. Located in Rockwell gilid, the place is a roadside eatery with tables set up on either side of the street. I enjoyed the Tom Yam--I imagine it's what sinigang tastes like. I've never really been a fan of sinigang, but figured that if it had the same sour, comforting quality, I should give it one more shot! I also liked the spring rolls, which probably aren't anything out of the ordinary--but I suppose I was so hungry that night that they tasted like heaven! We also ordered the catfish salad and shrimp in curry (if I remember right). Yum yum. Sadly, they had run out of the milk tea.





(From top) Spring rolls, catfish salad, shrimp with curry

On the other end of the price spectrum is Chelsea. Well, OK, it actually isn't as pricey as a bunch of other restos in Serendra, but it's still a leap from SOMS! The servings are huge though, so you can split with a friend. They've got pasta and sandwiches and a bunch of filling entrees. I got to try the Four-layer Toblerone Cake on another visit. All I can say is...OMG.

Inspired by the trendy Chelsea district in New York, the resto is a great place to hang. With high ceilings, picture windows, and dainty little chandeliers, it's stylish, airy, and comfortable...if you're lucky enough to get a seat! The place is normally packed, especially on weekends.



(Top) rich and filling pasta (carbonara, if memory serves me right); (bottom) salmon sandwich with potato wedges

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have to try this place soonnn....

October 5, 2007 at 8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the carbonara looks very oily.. i wonder why:)

October 15, 2007 at 7:31 AM  
Blogger -ervin- said...

hi there! i just recently came upon your site, but believe me this is turning to be one of the most informative things i've ever seen. Thanks for the food blogs! It's a great help to me (well hopefully, to a lot of other guys out there) who need a little more help and creativity when it comes to eating out. your blog has saved my ass countless times whenever my girlfriend asks "So, where are we eating tonight?"

October 24, 2007 at 6:43 AM  
Blogger Tisha said...

That's awesome! Thanks! Alas, I've been so busy, haven't had much time to blog here. Will try to write something soon.:)

October 30, 2007 at 1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home