Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Recipe: Creamy Baked Chicken and Rice

So I'm starting a whole new category of posts. Since I got hitched, I've been more inclined (or forced to) experiment in the kitchen. I'll be posting mostly easy recipes since I don't have the mad skillz to back up anything Top Chef-esque as of yet.

I'm starting off with a chicken recipe from the back of a Campbell's soup can, which I tweaked given availability of ingredients and personal preference.



Ingredients:

1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup
1 cup water
1/3 cup white wine (I just added this; we had some leftover white wine)
1/4 tsp Savory spice (it was supposed to be paprika, but our spice rack didn't have any paprika. Sigh. Next time.)
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
3/4 cup brown rice (it's supposed to be long-grain white rice, but this is a brown-rice household)
4 chicken breast fillets

1. Preheat oven to 475F.
2. In a baking dish, mix together soup, water, wine, Savory, and pepper.
3. Top with chicken fillets.
4. Sprinkle chicken with additional Savory and pepper.
5. Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until rice is cooked and chicken is done.

It's so easy! And my husband loved it!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home