Sunday, February 19, 2006

A Chronicle of Rodic's

(Sorry, I couldn't resist using that title, even though I'm not giving the Rodic's history. Haha. Will try to research on it and post again about it.)

The tapsilog-lover that I am, I thoroughly enjoyed my first visit to Rodic's in UP (I think that was UP Mall--you know that place where you have your thesis bound and your grad pic turned into ID pics?). Ravenous after dance practice last Saturday, the other CADs alumni and I were trying to figure out where to eat. We needed something filling, but still easy on the pocket. The kids introduced me to Rodic's. Rosby and I were texting each other and he said, "Kumakain ka jan? Di ba conio ka?" Harrumph.

Rodic's is this tiny, canteen-like place, with tables crammed into the limited floor space that the two floors have to offer--but it does have air-conditioning. It was 1pm by the time we got there but it was still packed with customers. Claustrophobes may experience mild anxiety (the second floor ceiling may not be high enough to accommodate ballers), but the food will soon put your nerves at ease. I tried their P55 tapsilog (yes, P55!)--yummy! It's served on this silver oblong plate; the shredded tapa is scattered over the mound of rice, and all topped off with an egg cooked sunny-side-up (still with a deliciously runny yolk). If you mix it all up, you'll find that everything's perfectly proportioned.

It's an extremely casual, busy, noisy place (majority of the noise comes from tables filled with college kids--aah, to be young and boisterous). You order at the counter, find a table, and in mere minutes, you get your order. Afterwards, you tell the roving waitresses what you ordered and they give you your total. It's actually a pretty efficient place.

As Hamil and I are on hiatus from spending, it looks like we'll be frequenting this place!

Food: 4 out of 5
Ambience: 2.5 out of 5 (Don't get me wrong--I appreciate that it's super laidback. The rating is mostly because I'm mildly claustrophobic!)
Service: 4 out of 5
Price: 5 out of 5!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kaye said...

That's the Shopping Center for you and my memory of the shopping center tells me that Rodic's is really the best there is in SC. :-)

September 27, 2007 at 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home