Monday, August 14, 2006

Mmmmbuffalo!

I'm a sucker for buffalo wings* so any place that's built just for them is fine by me! Tried out Flaming Wings along Katipunan (beside Bento Box/World Topps). Their wings come in different varieties (we had original and barbecue), and they have a bunch of different dips too (we got the classic bleu cheese and the more adventurous wasabi mayo). Pretty reasonably priced--P69 for two wings (four pieces), P10 per dip. My all-time favorite buffalo wings remain to be Don Hen's (they're huge and tangy!), but I'm sure to go back to this place when I've got a non-Don Hen budget. Hehe.

H says they have really good coffee. They've also got pasta and dessert (apple pie a la mode, vanilla milkshake, etc., though I was too full to try any) and side dishes. Tip: Try their creamy mashed potatoes! P35 for a huge, delicious serving topped with crunchy potato strips. I didn't even need gravy with mine.

*No, Jessica, they're not made of buffalo. Buffalo wings got their name from Buffalo, NY where they originated. They're unbreaded pieces of chicken wings, deep fried and typically coated in cayenne-pepper sauce, white vinegar, butter, salt, and garlic.


(Left) The barbecue-flavored wings with wasabi-mayo dip; (right) mashed p!

2 Comments:

Blogger mignac said...

i luuuuve buffalo wings. and i've been to Flaming Wings to, ironically, shoot the wings, not eat them. maka balik nga...

Also in Katipunan, is Hungry Hippo, one of my fave burger joints.

Katipunan is a food trip in itself. Shit, I should be writing all this down at bogchinoypi

August 17, 2006 at 6:52 AM  
Blogger Tisha said...

Hahaha. Try the mashed potatoes! Katipunan...Bite Club is one of my favorite burger places! And then there's that little stall where you can get P20 footlongs. (Magkano na kaya ngayon?) And Gayuma and Martha's Kitchen and... sigh. I miss Full House (chicken crepe with garlic butter. Mmmm), Beanhoppers (where I had one of my first dates with Hamil, though I didn't realize it at the time. Haha), and Bun on the Run (chori-rice and the best damn chocolate ice cream ever). Oy, kelan tayo Ambos Mundos?

August 17, 2006 at 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home