Friday, August 18, 2006

First Attempt

None of the stylists could go to the Entertaining section shoot,* and although I was a little worried, in hindsight it might have been a good thing. (I say that now that the ed in chief has seen it and has said she loves it.) It forced me to try my hand at food styling, something I see myself doing in the future. (First I have to learn how to cook--which I'll be doing starting September. Yay!)

Shoot was for our October issue, theme was "fright night." Our props stylist was Genie Ranada and photog was Ocs Alvarez (no relation!), who both did a super job. A sampling of stuff:


The overall food shot (which wasn't used in the layout): nachos, fish and chips,
and dark chocolate bits topped with orange marmalade and rum.


Fish and chips with honey-mustard dressing. Genie fashioned fish-and-chip
packets out of black-and-white printouts of classic movie monsters. I lined 'em
with wax paper to prevent the oil from seeping through. I like how
the bucket of popcorn casts a creepy shadow.

Ocs was able to snap a photo right when the rootbeer float overflowed. Woohoo!
At the back is another glass with fake ice-cream (making it was another first for me!).
The drink is supposed to be spiked rootbeer float--mix 1.5 liters of rootbeer with 2 cups
of vanilla-flavored rum. Pour into glasses and top with vanilla ice cream. Good for 6-8.

*Special thanks to MFG and Dondi for allowing us to use their home theater as a shoot location!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dondi said...

wow, cool! just curious, for the fake ice cream how'd you make it?

August 20, 2006 at 9:40 AM  
Blogger Tisha said...

Hi! Hmm trade secret. Haha. I'll text you how.:) I don't have my recipe right now eh.

August 20, 2006 at 11:35 PM  
Blogger Dondi said...

Heehee, ok will wait for your text, I have a recipe for it din I wanted to see kung pareho lang.

August 21, 2006 at 7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home