Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Brekkie in Tagaytay

It's 1:30 in the morning and I have an early shoot, but figured it was about time that I posted. This'll be short and sweet. After a night in Tagaytay, H and I decided to have breakfast at Breakfast at Antonio's (not to be confused with just plain Antonio's--Breakfast at Antonio's is for walk-ins and, duh, their specialty is breakfast. Hehe. Antonio's serves lunch and dinner, but a reservation is required). It's one of those places with a view of Taal Lake. Service could have been better, but I did like the food. H ordered the Roesti, which is Swiss crisp potato pancake supposedly served with panini (he was given some other kind of bread though). I asked him to get the one with chorizo, onions, Swiss cheese, and eggs over easy (P295), since I'm a bit of a chorizo fan. I ordered their cheese French toast. It was raisin bread dipped in vanilla cream and cinnamon egg batter, served with hot apple compote and whipped cream. It was P240, but we paid an extra P85 for the slightly overdone bacon. I really liked the French toast. Had me some fresh orange juice, and H had brewed coffee (he says it's quite good). By mid-afternoon, I was still stuffed!


Up until college, I would generally skip breakfast since I was always rushing in the morning (ask the Philo teacher who almost dropped me from his class because of my perpetual tardiness). I think it was only when I started working that I discovered the joys of a big, unhurried meal in the morning. (It was my delaying tactic, er, warm-up at my old office, to prepare me for a day of harassment.) Having breakfast at Breakfast at Antonio's was a treat because it was different from my typical cereal or fast-food morning meal. Plus having the first meal of the day with H is a great way to start the day!

(Top) The Roesti; (bottom) cheese French toast with bacon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home