Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Ilocos Food Trip

Aside from getting a taste of the famous soft biscocho during our Ilocos Norte trip, H and I stuffed ourselves with one of the most evil food inventions known to man--bagnet!



Paired with the KBL (a siding of tomatoes, onions, and bagoong), we just couldn't get enough of the stuff!



I think we ordered this three times in three days at our little hotel, Palazzo de Laoag. It was particularly delicious the first night; the fat--glorious, sinful, artery-clogging--was perfectly cooked, the skin incredibly crispy. Mmmm...I've got a hankering for something heart-attack-inducing right about now.

Ilocos is likewise known for its pinakbet, so even though I'm not big on the Pinoy veggies, I still shared an order with H.



Framed newspaper clippings at Palazzo proclaim that the hotel has the best pinakbet, like, ever, but I haven't eaten enough of the dish in my lifetime to gauge if it was true. I did, however, enjoy eating pinakbet in an unusual form...



Pizza! We tagged along as the hotel owner went to Paoay for lunch, and had the famous Pinakbet Pizza at Cafe Herencia, right across Paoay Church. While you're there, you might want to try their Dinuguan Pizza as well!

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Frances Ang said...

i miss ilocos! me naman i love their empanada :)

May 10, 2008 at 3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BAGNET!!!!!

May 10, 2008 at 5:46 AM  
Blogger gladzalwayshappy said...

pinakbet pizza?? wow i gotta taste that one of these days!

May 10, 2008 at 8:21 PM  
Blogger Tisha said...

Fran, unfortunately we didn't get to try their empanada! Sigh.

Sakai, my thoughts exactly--BAGNET!!!!!

Gladzalwayshappy, you could actually try making it--just load some cheese, ampalaya, tomatoes, eggplant, okra, and bagoong onto a pizza crust.:)

May 11, 2008 at 7:53 AM  
Blogger ayen said...

I keep on thinking that the pinakbet pizza might taste weird. But still, I'm willing to try it once I'm at the Ilocos region. :)

May 19, 2008 at 4:50 AM  
Blogger Tisha said...

Hmmm...it's not so scary if you just think of it as a vegetarian pizza.:) Someone should invent a bagnet pizza. Hahaha.

May 19, 2008 at 8:37 AM  
Anonymous juanderfulpinoy said...

inggit na talaga ako , gusto ko na magfood trip din

November 16, 2011 at 6:05 AM  
Anonymous juanderfulpinoy said...

i did not know na may pinakbet pizza . omg...

November 18, 2011 at 8:24 AM  
Anonymous makunat said...

intriguing ang pinakbet pizza ha.

November 18, 2011 at 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home