Friday, March 10, 2006

Dining with Tita Ming

Had a shoot at Ming's Garden Center & Coffee Shop in Silang today and I got to meet Tita Ming Ramos. (For the record, I couldn't call her "Tita"! Haha. I called her "Ma'am" when she was around...) Had lunch at the coffee shop and, since it's a Friday of Lent, I had me some of the fish fillet with tartare sauce. Sauce was pretty good, would've preferred it if the fish were a tad saltier. Issa had the pan-fried daing na bangus, and it looked pretty good. Miguel had the Korean beef, Mang Paeng had tapsilog, and Marlon had lechon kawali. Come to think of it, all of their orders looked tasty...or maybe twas 'coz I couldn't have meat today. Human nature to want what you can't have I suppose.

Afterwards, Miguel, Issa, and Tita Ming had halo-halo. They each had a half serving, which comes in a bowl instead of a tall glass. Pretty huge, and it made me wonder how big a full serving was. I had the mango float, and it was yummy, with loads of mangoes, unlike many a mango float I've tried which are normally 80% cream. Issa's hot chocolate smelled heavenly. Would've loved to have a cup.

Nice place to visit. And Tita Ming is a lovely woman; she seemed simple and down-to-earth. Mang Paeng will be going back for some plants. I'll tell my mom to check it out one time when she plays golf in the area.

Food: 3 out of 5
Price: 3 out of 5 (probably around P200/person)
Ambience: 4 out of 5
Service: 4 out of 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home