Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Delayed Gratification

Cupcakes by Sonja is now open at Stores at Serendra, The Fort. We got to meet the lovely owner herself, and she mentioned that they would be introducing new flavors regularly. When we went, they had strawberries and cream (the priciest at P75 a pop), carrot, chocolate surprise, flourless, red velvet (looked very interesting), and vanilla (the cheapest at a little over P40). It's such a charming store, so girly, and when you buy the cupcakes, they're put in this cutesy Tiffany box-colored box. It's the kind of store you would imagine in a little Gilmore Girls-esque neighborhood in the US. Lots of people were dropping by, and I heard a foreigner mention that she had a place in Boracay, and that she was "inspired" by the store. Hmmm, cupcakes in Boracay. An interesting concept. (While we're on the topic of Bora, today I missed the sinful mango crepe at Jonah's, my default Bora breakfast. Aaaah). The other stores/restos in the area weren't open yet, but Cafe Xocolat is opening a branch next door. Mmmm. I will be dragging my girl friends to this area in the near future.

Inside Cupcakes by Sonja. Pretty!

After three days of craving, I was finally able to get a hold of those cupcakes I had a hankering for. The ones I got to eat during the shoot were actually more moist and (it must be said) more deelish, but the ones I bought still didn't disappoint. The chocolate surprise was terrific!







From top: Carrot cupcakes; flourless chocolate cupcakes; our selections:
chocolate surprise, strawberries and cream, and vanilla; at long last!

Posts to come (sorry, I've been such a delinquent): Sebastian's ice cream (gourmet ice cream!), En-Snow (the weirdest thing I've ever tried drinking), and In-Yo (a new place along Esteban Abada near Katipunan).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home