Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My Favorite Food Mag

Not that I read a lot of food magazines, but this one's got me hooked! It's called Every Day with Rachael Ray, and it was launched last year--and was even cited as one of the best new mags of the year!

I first stumbled upon it at a salon, and I actually didn't want to leave after my treatment was over because I wanted to keep reading! I found a couple of back issues at newsstands, and had a few brought over from the US by visiting friends/relatives. I just love that it's super laidback and fun and so not snooty--I mean, in what other food mag do you see little boxes with "Hey You!" to point out a bit of trivia or offer a helpful tip?

I am aware that not everyone's a big fan of Rachael Ray's--she can be a bit, er, vociferous, I know. But trust me on this--even non-fans of her show (such as myself--although I did pick up a yummy seven-minute meal when I caught it before) will appreciate this mag! I love that it has recipes for kid- and pet-friendly meals, unpretentious and very easy-to-read articles, and stuff like "Burger of the Month." Yum-O!

Cover photo from the mag's website.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home